Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Tutu Party for my Two Year Old

Emerson Grace is two years old.  It's amazing to me how fast these two years have gone by.  I still so clearly remember finding out I was pregnant with her and how completely shocked Clay and I were as she was a quite a surprise.  But she was exactly what our family needed and I can't even put into words the joy she brings to everyone who is lucky enough to know her.  I wanted her birthday to be very special and so I put a lot of work into it (like making the tulle wreath, the invitations, and the tulle poms) and I'm happy to say it paid off.  My girl's second birthday party - her tutu party - was an absolute fabulous time.  


Clay, Narls and I decorated the whole house with pink & orange tulle and we had goodies such as pizza, cheese & crackers, fruit, and chocolate covered pretzles to munch on.


To keep the kiddos occupied, we had little wooden ballerina fairies for them to color. This was a big hit as the girls loved coloring their fairies.


My girlfriend Sarah made Em's strawberry cake and it tasted even better than it looked, which is saying a lot because this cake was gorgeous!




Em got so many awesome and thoughtful gifts! And I may be a bit biased but I do believe her favorite was her tricycle from her daddy and me. ;)


There was a pull-string pinata which the kiddos loved...


...and each girl got her very own tutu!  The girls danced and played and laughed and sang.



It was a perfect day for my perfect girl. 
Happy Birthday Em Bug! 

2 comments:

  1. You should be a party planner. Girl, everything was so so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on.
    You have done a formidable job and our entire community will be grateful to you.


    My blog; compensated dating in America

    ReplyDelete