Friday, February 3, 2012

Get Moving

Ok, so I feel very confident about the eating changes we've implemented in January. That was phase one of my new year's resolutions.  Phase two started February first.  They're both big changes and I wanted a whole month to get the first part right before moving on to the next part.

All of February I intend to be physical.  To get moving. To do some sort of exercise every. single. day. While still continuing to eat clean.  Both of these are changes I want to do for the rest of my life.  I am armed with spreadsheets and timelines and schedules and I feel 100% sure that I can do this.

It's perfect timing too, because we have a fitness challenge at work that started February first which involves doing some sort of physical activity for a minimum of 20 minutes every day for the entire month.  Two birds, one stone.

My personal plan is to get on my treadmill every morning when I wake up.  Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday I'm going to be following the Couch to 5K running plan. I've started this plan multiple times in the past and never made it past week two, which I'm not particularly proud to admit.  Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday I'm just going to do a moderate 20-minute walk. Something to get my heart pumping and blood flowing.  Easy peasy.  

I'm doing this to lose all the weight I put on during the holidays, but also because I want to be healthy.  I have had periods in my life where I was active but overall I'm pretty lazy. I get up, go to work, come home, then lay around with my family until it's time to go to bed. 

I want my kids to learn that eating right and having daily physical activity is a way of life. Hell, I want to learn that.  So here I go. Wish me luck :)

2 comments:

  1. I think you'll come to love running. It's especially more enjoyable in the Spring when you can actually be outside. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm proud of you for wanting to stick to C25K! You can do it! And it IS better outside :)

    ReplyDelete