Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Our Valentine's Day


 

Spent a few minutes in quiet stillness, enjoying the morning and my coffee, before my babies woke up, then it was strawberry whole-wheat pancakes for breakfast and a bit of before-school silliness.



When Narls and Em got home, we dumped out their Valentines and went through each and every one.
I so remember doing this when I was a child :) 




Clay and I agreed that we weren't doing presents this holiday, but he still surprised me with lovely flowers.


Although the biggest surprise was how similar the cards were that we picked for each other.  We bought them at different stores, too.  So crazy.  Great minds, huh? 


Not only did we pick similar cards, but unbeknownst to each other, we both got little gifts for our kids (guess that what married life is like- buying presents for your kids but not each other haha!). Clay bought them each a lightsaber (Star Wars is huge in our house right now), and I bought Narls some Star Wars guys and Em a mermaid.


And we spent the night playing.


 

It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment