Sunday, September 2, 2012

Monthly Meal Planning

First of 'da month.
Wake up, wake up.... oh, sorry.

I've literally spent all morning pulling this week's recipe cards and ingredient lists, grocery shopping, then assembling this week's (and month's!) meals.  A few hours on a Sunday morning saves me so. much. time! during the week, which is especially important with school starting in a few days.

 

I've made monthly batches of french toast, pancakes, and waffles for the kids' breakfasts,


 a week's worth of overnight oats for my breakfasts,


and a week's worth of oatmeal smoothies for Clay's breakfasts.


I've got a system down.  For right around $100-$125 a week, I'm able to get the fresh & healthy ingredients needed to make all of our breakfasts, lunches, and dinners for the week.

And it's totally paying off, even my husband is noticing.  


I've made dinners such as:

pasta with asparagus and feta and a side of roasted brussel sprouts...

individual-sized tilapia fillets with spinach & grape tomatoes baked in foil...

vegetable lasagna (which is turning out to be my specialty)...

and I'm even finding ways to make our processed favorites (like frozen taquitos, YUM) into healthy homemade versions (which are just as YUM, well even more so considering they're less calories).

Win win :)

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! I gotta admit, you really inspired me to do better, and since I started in January, I've already went down two pant sizes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the overnight oats/oatmeal smoothies? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to teach me how to eat healthier. I am jealous at your ability to do so. Even your spending only 100-125 a week amazes me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are my idol! I have been trying to do the same thing, but old habits come back to bite me in the ass (like literally, this thing is huge ;D).
    Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete