Thursday, March 28, 2013

ThrowBack Thursday: My Daughter

 March 30, 2009 - only two days old

Here is a post I wrote on livejournal on March 29, 2009 at 10:12 am:

My daughter was born yesterday. 

 She's breathtakingly beautiful and soft and pink and looks remarkably like her brother did when he was newborn, so much so that her daddy and I feel like we've been taken back in time. It's only when we change her tiny diapers and notice something's missing that we're reminded that this is 2009, not 2007, and this is Emerson, not Narls. 

My labor was relatively easy, and I feel great. Clay and Emerson are sleeping now, him beside me in my hospital bed and her cradled in in my arms, and the three of us will be heading home around 2:27 this afternoon, exactly 24 hours after her birth. She weighs 7lb 2oz  and she's 18.25 inches long. 

She's nursing fine; it's been difficult to keep her awake long enough to eat more than 5-10 minutes at a time, but she's had wet diapers so I'm not concerned. 

My parents brought Narls up to see us yesterday evening and I'm not sure what he thinks of her yet. He told her hi, and gave her a quick touch, but was more interested in all the fun stuff in mommy's room. It's ok; he'll have a lifetime to get to know and love his baby sister. 

Right now she's making little tiny delicious noises in her sleep. I already love her so much. I feel content and peaceful and loved and amazingly lucky.


Not much as changed in four years- I still feel content and peaceful and loved and amazingly lucky. And Narls has grown to love his baby sister. And she him. Very much so, in fact.

Happy birthday, Emerson Grace.  
Thank you for blessing our lives in a way only you could.
 

16 comments:

  1. I wish there was a way to describe what I see when I watch You and Em together. EVERY mother could learn a few things by watching the way you are raising our honey girl. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from the TBT link up! This is a great post, its so nice you have a live journal to keep that memory too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness this is SO sweet!! Happy Birthday Emerson, doll!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness what a sweet post! amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look how cute! Love the family photo :-)! Thanks for sharing! Over from the linkup and now following on GFC!
    Adrienne
    http://myblackwhitecolor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The first photo is so sweet.

    Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so crazy how fast it goes. I periodically write letter's to Boomer about what's going on at that moment in her life. My mom did it for me too. Gah...I wish it'd slow down. Happy Birthday Emerson!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lil doll baby! Those lips! Great photos, so sweet. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable! This post is too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so lovely!! I've never read anything like this.. so soon after a birth and so personal. It made me feel like maybe I could have a baby someday lol Thanks for sharing.. I really enjoyed reading it! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable. And she was a gorgeous baby. Motherhood, for all its tries, really seems incredibly rewarding.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I remember this day and this post. Happy Birthday, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! I adore the name Emerson =) So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I remember this like it was yesterday; I can't believe that 4 years have flown by so quickly. Happy birthday, amazing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi!,I really like your writing so so much! share we keep up a correspondence more about your article on
    AOL? I need an expert in this area to resolve my problem.

    May be that's you! Taking a look ahead to look you.

    Visit my web-site :: keylogger downloads mobile phone

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw your post makes me want to have a baby of my own. That's saying a lot.

    ReplyDelete