Monday, June 3, 2013

Home Town Days Are the Best Days


Seriously, is there anything better than a hometown carnival? Clay and I have attended our town's Home Town Days since we moved here three years ago. In fact, last year's event is where we fell in love with, and subsequently adopted, our Lainey girl.

 

This year, we went every. single. day. Friday, clay had to work, so I met my girlfriend Bonnie there and we caught up while our kiddos enjoyed the rides.


Saturday, I took the kids to the parade - BY MYSELF, as Clay had to work again. This is huge for me; I tend get a bit overwhelmed when I have to navigate crowds and parking and kids by myself. All the worrying for nothing though, because I found a spot to park, near the parade even!, the crowds were bearable, we had so much fun, and got loads of candy. 


We had to go back Sunday so Clay could experience the carny experience in all its glory. We said hello to the shelter we adopted Lainey from, we pet some goats and rode a couple ponies, and the kids won stuffies from their most favorite game, Shark Attack.


Great times, great times.

10 comments:

  1. What an amazing weekend you had! I love all of the pictures, and it simply just looks like a great time :-D

    Melanie from MyImperfect.com (thanks for stopping by and dropping a comment)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness I wish we had a carnival going on in our area!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hometown carnivals! Looks like you had an amazing time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had such a fun time. Hometown carnivals are seriously the best! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww looks like everyone had so much fun. So many memories of going to carnivals! Brought back so many good memories reading this xx
    http://heroineinheels.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amelia keeps asking me when we get to go again with our friends and watch fireworks and ride rides! I don't have the heart to tell her it's not until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The post title says it all . YEAHH!! I love to spend my time in my hometown and yours seems more than fun :)
    New follower . Let's hangout maybe :)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete