Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Enchanted Princess Ball


I don't know if you know this about my daughter, but Emerson adores princesses. I'd even go so far as to say that she fancies herself a princess. Her favorite is currently Rapunzel (side note, Em, who has the slowest growing hair ever, must ask me daily if her hair is as long as Rapunzel's yet. Oh, the struggle.)
 

So when my dear friend Bonnie, a mother to another princess loving little girl, told me about the Enchanted Princess Ball, I knew it was something that would make Emerson's whole life. If this sounds dramatic to you, then you clearly haven't met Em yet.


And an Enchanted Princess Ball it was. First, we got a letter in the mail signed by Fairy Godmother cordially inviting the "little princess" to a royal gala. Wearing one's fanciest dress was fabulously encouraged. Then when we walked in, there was face painting and nail polishing and story reading all done by princesses.

Each Disney princess put on a short skit specific to her story (with meetings & autographs afterward). There was also dancing and singing and learning the royal wave and a tea party with cookies and a bubbling brook with real fish and a majestic wishing well with an endless supply of gold coins.





It got really real when Flynn Rider (Rapunzel's true love) appeared.


We had an absolutely wonderful time.

2 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I'm so doing this when I have a daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I see in the picture of Em with Flynn is you! She's beyond adorable.

    ReplyDelete