Monday, September 15, 2014

School Is In Session

 
One full week of school has passed and we're getting into the swing of things here.   I'm not gonna lie, it's been tough getting two kids and myself up, dressed, fed, and out the door by 8am (I still have my personal pledge to Narls of no tardies - he had over a dozen his first year of kindergarten but only two in first grade; shooting for zero in second). So far so good and a routine is slowly forming.

 
We had an open house at their elementary school where the kids proudly showed us their best ever self-portraits and some of the work they completed. Clay and I met their teachers and signed up for parent teacher conferences and walked through the book fair. It's crazy having them both at the same school.


 
On the calendar are pto meetings, girl scout training (there is currently no daisy troop at the school so my bestfriend and I stepped up to be troop leaders and get things started), planning the Fall Festival (I'm homeroom mom for Narls' class), a field trip to an orchard for Em, and a field trip to a YMCA camp for Narls.
 
 
It's going to be hectic and busy but good. So very good.
We're looking forward to a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment