Friday, December 5, 2014

Elf on the Shelf: Elfabit Victor Week 1 2014

It's our fourth year of Elf on the Shelf.
 
In case anyone wonders why I do this: why I create an Excel spreadsheet in early November that details possible ideas and sorts the shenanigans into different rooms of our house and details supplies needed and then double checks it against my countdown ring spreadsheet, to make sure the elf and the ring meshes, well, it's because I'm the very definition your average Type A overachiever and I enjoy the shit out of spreadsheets, but it's also because of this:
 
Keeping the magic in my kids' heads for as long as I possibly can.
 
Their excitement and joy and belief in the magic of Christmas means everything to me.
I love it more than I love spreadspreads even, and that's a lot.
 
So without further adieu:
 
 
He arrived on our doorstep in a package addressed to the kids. The box was filled with Elf on the Shelf pajamas (who knew they even made such a thing), movies and popcorn, candy, cocoa with mini sized Christmas mugs, and a sweet letter.
 
 
 
A breakfast surprise.
 
 
Playing Minecraft.
(Narls LOVED this one. Except by the time he woke up, his character in the game had been killed by a creeper and/or zombie and he wasn't too thrilled about that. So keep that in mind.)

 
Apparently they did want to build a snowman.

 
It's elf-o-clock.

 
 
Who's up for a balloon bubble bath?

 
Ah, a perler bead version of ones elf (see what I did there?)
 
More Elf on the Shelf shenanigans here.

No comments:

Post a Comment